Akshay Kumar's five deadly stunts in "Rowdy Rathore"

 Akshay Kumar reveals about  five deadly stunts in "Rowdy Rathore"
Akshay Kumar, who in past known as Action King, the actor ever done dangrous and deadly stunts in his all action films. For last seven year Akki was doing comedy, Drama and love Stories films. His latest film, Rowdy Rathore, which has opened to a bumper response, brings Akki back to action after a long gap. And this time, he seems to have scaled new heights when it comes to jaw-dropping stunts. Action King speaks to TOI (Via: timesofindia.indiatimes)  about his "rowdy" stunts that have left audiences begging for more.

Jumping off a highrise
"This was the first major sequence I shot for. I was required to jump off the scaffolding of a highrise terrace to the ground, and I was doing something like this after a long time. It was extremely demanding because of the massive impact. There was some support from the cables, but the height was too much and strong winds made it difficult. However, I knew that it would look spectacular on screen, so I decided to do it myself as the camera had to follow me all through the fall.

Suspended mid-air
There's a scene in the film where the bad guys suspend me mid-air from a battered old crane in front of the villagers. I had to hang there bleeding and battered as an entire scene took place in front of me in the severe heat. I wasn't allowed to move a muscle. I can't even begin to explain the kind of cramps I had in my arms, back and legs! The idea was to keep it as raw as possible, so the pain was nothing when I thought of the impact it would have in the film. When I see that scene on screen, it reminds me of the pain I went through for it!

Blasts in a dust storm
We shot this scene in a godown, and the place was surrounded by the most horrendous loose dust imaginable. We were covered in it from head to toe! To add impact to the scene, we had giant blowers all around the place. When they were switched on, it was like a dust storm from hell. To add "coal" to the fire, we decided to blow up a few cars as well. I promise you, no amount of showers were enough to clean us up that week!

Duel on the edge of a cliff 
We shot an elaborate fight sequence at the edge of a cliff in a remote place in Karnataka. The location was too high up to take any trucks or vans, so we had minimal support materials. Scary is too small a word when you're being held by your neck over the edge of a cliff. In a free-hand fight — however well rehearsed you may be — one slip could be the end of you.

Adrenaline rush on bridge
I'm not scared of heights, but doing an action scene on a dilapidated wooden bridge between two hills was a challenge! The setting may look grand, but the bridge was scarier than it looks on screen. When there was motion, it swung both ways. So if you weren't quick enough, you'd lose control in seconds. I must compliment my co-actors and fighters who made it look so easy. There's always an element of risk in things like this. It's how you prepare yourself, mentally and physically, that makes the difference. And as everyone knows, I can never back down from a challenge!

VIDEO : ROWDY RATHORE – ROWDY STUNTS


Source: timesofindia

Comments

Popular Posts